The subscription for the World Championships Double Decathlon/Heptathlon 2011 is open.
There will be a maximum of three groups of 24 male athletes (total 72) and one group of 24 female athletes. Registration is possible in each group. Participants must be 18 years or older on August 20, 2011.
To subscribe please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with at least the following information:
– First name and surname
– Date of birth
– Email address
– T-shirt size (S, M, L, XL, XXL)
– Best Double Decathlon/Heptathlon performance (if appropriate) + place and date
– Expected performances on the single events
Please let us know as soon as possible who wants to participate by subscribing early! Athletes of each level can subscribe and participate if there is enough place, however we set some extra rules. The following participants are always allowed to participate if subscribed before April 1, 2011:
- Athletes with a not age graded personal best of at least 9000 points on the Double Decathlon achieved after January 1, 2006
- Athletes with a personal best of at least 5000 points on the Decathlon achieved after January 1, 2008
- For female athletes the intention is that all subscribers can compete since history shows that the number of 24 female athletes will not be reached.
- All the world champions of the Double Decathlon and Double Heptathlon of the last 5 years in the categories above 18 years old
- At least 2 athletes from each subscribing country
- A selection of athletes from the organizing club because of the 50th anniversary of “De Spartaan”
- If you have a personal best of 5000 points on the Decathlon and you did not notice that in your subscription email, please send an email again with that result. If you never participated a Double Decathlon before pay attention to make a report of your best performance on single events. Check the website if we add your subscription.
- If there are more than 72 men athletes reaching the limits above, the ones with the lowest personal best on the decathlon will be placed on the waiting list.
- The organization will decide on the remaining places. We will take into account the performance of the athletes, the nationality of the athletes, date of subscription, and more. The decision of the organization is definitive and there will be no discussion about it. We are going to make a participants list with the subscriptions we receive until April 1, 2011 and we will publish shortly after, including a waiting list. The participants must pay the entry fee of € 50 before June 1, 2011 on a later to be published bank account. If payment is not received at June 1, 2011, you will be put on the waiting list as if you subscribed after April 1, and the first person of the waiting list will be allowed to participate. Subscription is always possible but if we receive your subscription after April 1, 2011 you will be placed at the bottom of the waiting list. If you are not able to participate because of injuries you get a € 25 refund of your entry fee if your cancellation is before July 17, 2011. Please be as fast as possible with cancellation so we can inform the first person on the waiting list.
The organization will always be entitled to put some special athletes (assessed by the organization) on the first place of the waiting list. There will be no discussion about this.
More information about how to pay the entry fee, the time schedule, the official opening and an additional program for young athletes will be published later. Please check the website regularly.